What’s this GO Month I am hearing about?
Get Organized Month (GO Month) began in 2003 as Get Organized Week. In 2005, it grew to become GO Month. It is NAPO’s (National Association of Productivity & Organizing) national event dedicated to promoting the benefits of working with an organizing or productivity professional and highlights the educational opportunities for individuals looking to build a career in the profession.
NAPO Professional Organizers and Productivity Specialists across the country host events in their communities to empower individuals, families and businesses to regain control over their surroundings, time and possessions.
If you’ve always wanted to learn more or if getting more organized is one of your goals for this year (as it is for so many), then read on for some ways to jump on the bandwagon!
It is a known fact that “getting more organized” is a top New Year’s resolution for many. January is to POs what March is to CPAs. Therefore, having GO Month in January is quite apropos. But what exactly does “get more organized” even mean? Here are some initial questions to ask yourself as a starting point.
- Is there an area of your home that brings constant frustration? Needed items are not conveniently located. Drawers/cabinets/closets are overflowing.
- Have you tried organizing products or systems, read books on the topic and watched all the HGTV shows out there but, despite your best efforts, getting organized still seems daunting and unattainable?
- Do you find yourself regularly saying, “There’s not enough time in the day” and, despite all your to do lists, getting top priorities accomplished is a constant source of stress?
- Are you physically and mentally exhausted from not being able to find items and have to conduct regular “search and rescue” missions as part of your daily routine?
- Do you incur late fees from not paying bills on time or are you frustrated by missed opportunities?
- Is your disorganization putting strain on your relationships with spouses, partners, children, family or friends?
There is absolutely NO SHAME involved in any of these scenarios. We get medical advice from doctors when faced with a medical issue. We seek contractors for problems with our homes. We may talk to a travel agent when not sure what and where our next vacation should be. And we definitely seek financial and tax advice from CPAs and investment advisors to help us with our financial goals. So, why not do the same if you are struggling with organization or time management? So, what’s stopping you?
What does a Professional Organizer do and how can they help?
A Professional Organizer can develop systems that will allow you to increase both your personal and professional level of productivity; decrease the amount of stress and anxiety associated with disorganization and lost items; and help you gain control over your time, schedule and belongings. All of these benefits will ultimately allow you to have more time available to do things you enjoy most in life!
For more information on what you can expect and how the process works, please visit a page of my website, https://put-it-there.com/faq/.
Yes, January is time to make resolutions and set goals. Many will fall by the wayside within a month. Let Put It There help you make lasting changes to improve the quality of your life so that 2022 can be your best year yet!